Sunday 12 July 2009

Sunday 12th July







Decision made! My theme for this Masterclass is going to be 'In the garden', it was going to be 'In my garden' but I thought that might limit me too much. We were at an 18th birthday party yesterday evening, held in our friend's garden and I took lots of photos, some of which I'd like to share, especially as I had to experiment in order to get the right settings as the bad weather and poor light were not on my side
Ok, we have the birthday boy, Tom on your left and Andrew (in fancy dress I might add) on the right. As well as the dull light, the moving subject matter was tricky too, one moment they were coming towards you and the next they were flying backwards, legs & arms all over the place. This one was shot in AV, the WB was set on cloud, ISO 800, 1/60, 5.0.

I didn't have time to look at the histrogram during the party, but looking at it now, it's at it's peak in the middle section and tapers out to both edges.

The shot of Matt & DH playing badminton , again on AV, 1/40, 5.0, ISO 800 I've cropped and added the feathered border.
And lastly, the one of Matt, AV, 1/160, 5.0, ISO 800. All taken with my new Sigma DC 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 and metering mode set to evaluative metering.





5 comments:

  1. I love the perspective on that first shot. Great job getting these pics - I doubt I would have managed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good action shots. Like the symmetry in the one of Andrew & Tom.

    How are you enjoying Blogland? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zena
    Blogland scares me to death but I was thrilled when I got my first comment and even more thrilled when I logged on today to see that I had a follower - You x

    ReplyDelete
  4. first is great shot loving the colour & artifical leading lines

    do you get much digi noise with the higher ISO's or do you use filter to remove ?

    CJx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think i'd know digi noise if it jumped out and punched me on the nose, CJ and filters to remove, nope, you've got me there too! I've no idea lol

    ReplyDelete