Thursday 23 July 2009

Apples

As the sun was actually out when I got home from work today, I was determined to experiment further with the manual setting and DOF.
The first of these photos was set at 1/400 f4.5 ISO 200 and W/B set to sunlight.

The middle shot was 1/400 f7.1 ISO 200 W/B sunlight and you can see that the furthest apple isn't quite so blurred And the last shot I opened the aperature up to f22 1/8 ISO 200. As an exercise this worked as I can see that the DOF is less noticeable, but the shutter speed was too slow and so the picture is out of focus

3 comments:

  1. Really good examples - well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the first shot, it looks like you could reach out and eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember your shutter speed should never be lower than the focal length you are shooting at (unless on tripod) so if you were shooting 50mm it would need to be 1/50 to guaranteed no shake

    ReplyDelete